Local Events in Skye & Lochalsh
|Discussing Drugs & Alcohol With Young People|
08 November 2016 from 09:00 to 13:30
||To be arranged|
Discussing Drugs and Alcohol with Young People is an approach based on the principles of Motivational Interviewing and Brief Interventions, providing structure to opportunistic, non-confrontational conversations to support young people to make healthy lifestyle choices around drugs and alcohol.
DDAYP is a free, interactive course that values the knowledge participants bring. It involves a blended learning approach, with key reading to complete before the training day. Anyone working with children and young people are welcome to attend DDAYP; designed for practitioners from all agencies who would like to develop skills in ‘raising the issue’ of drug and alcohol use, and have short but effective conversations about making changes.
Learning Outcomes of the course are as follows;
- Understanding possible barriers and concerns to delivering an intervention
- Understanding of our own and client attitudes, and how they may impact on practice
- Basic Motivational Interviewing principles and key delivery skills
- How to measure alcohol units
- Effects of alcohol and various drug categories
- How to raise the issue of drugs and alcohol, including identifying potential signs and situations
- How to deliver brief interventions to motivate young people to change behaviour and reduce alcohol and/or drug use
- Options for harm reduction, cutting down, and coping strategies.
The training will be help on 8th November 2016, 9am - 1.30pm. Venue is still to be confirmed. If you would like to attend please contact, Jean MacRae - email@example.com.
[ Back ]
Skye and Lochalsh Environment Forum
Highlife Highland - The Fingal Centre
Plockton Small Boats Racing Calendar
Lochcarron Sailing Club - Sailing Programme
SEALL Events Calendar
Lochalsh Arts Network
Safer Highland Training
Local Training Bulletin
This Section is provided as a service to the voluntary sector and does not represent an endorsement or recommendation of specific events or members of SLCVO.
SLCVO is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of the information contained in the Calendars of Events. Please see the full event details for contact information or contact the event sponsors for any questions about specific events.